To be eligible for a conference grant, the candidate must:
- Be a female studying Computer Science or related fields to the conference subject
- Be able to attend the full conference
- Deadline: February 7, 2014 (23:59 Hawaii Standard Time)
- With the generous support from Google, WWW (World Wide Web Conference) 2014 is proud to announce travel grants for selected female students. This support is in the form of a small stipend to cover registration fee and partially cover the costs of travel. The grants will be provided during the conference.
- The objective of this travel grant is to encourage female doctoral students interested in subjects related to the World Wide Web to become active researchers. Priority will be given to students who are first authors of accepted papers in workshops/poster sessions/demos and participate in the doctoral consortium.
The application should include:
- Full name
- Email address
- The school you are attending, your major, and the country in which the school resides
- If you present at the conference, please provide the title of the submission and its type (e.g., workshops, posters, doctoral consortium, demo)
- A short statement describing your research interests and how you wish to benefit from attending WWW 2014 ( no more than 600 words explaining)
- The location you are flying from and the cost for your airfare, as determined by the availability of low-cost economy fares for travel to Seoul, South Korea in April 2014. Please describe any other expenses you expect to accrue, but do not include registration and housing costs.
- A letter of recommendation from your advisor is desirable, but not necessary
Please submit your application to the Google Woman Travel Grant chairs via email at email@example.com by February, 7th 2014. Your application will be reviewed by the travel grant chairs. Notification will be given by February, 14th, 2014.
Travel Grant Chairs: Meeyoung Cha (KAIST), Jihie Kim (KT), and In Young Ko (KAIST)